|Prep really is the worst part of painting...|
Although it was an original feature of the home, we decided to remove the wallpaper and add some color to the room with paint. Removing wallpaper is never fun, but with a careful approach we were able to get a great finished result.
Removing the grass cloth was actually fairly easily. All we needed was a spray-bottle with warm water, a good paint scraper, a ladder and plenty of drop cloths.
Next we patched the damaged areas of the walls with sheetrock compound and sanded them to get a smooth finish, this took a couple of rounds to get right. After the sheetrock compound was dry and the walls were smooth we primed the walls with Behr interior primer.
|Working on the edging.|
After all that work, we’re really happy with the final outcome. The room looks great, but we’re already talking about having an artist do some custom paint that brings the room back to that MCM (midcentury modern) feel.
We're also replacing the carpet, purchasing new bedroom furniture, purchasing new curtains and hardware for the sliding glass doors, and installing a pendant lamp that will hang over the bed in the middle of the room.
Stay tuned for the master bedroom reveal!
|Saving money by squeezing out those rollers!|
|All that time-consuming taping was totally worth it! No paint on the aluminum this time around. :)|